Day 3 - Relaxing in Bled


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
February 21st 2008
Published: February 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had a relaxing day in Bled today - no bus trips! After breakfast and a morning of blogging, our day began with hiking around the lake and up to St. Martin’s Church. After searching out the path to the “Grad” or Castle, we hiked up the windy, steep path (about 1K). Wildflowers were blooming all along the trail. Castle Bled is the oldest castle in Slovenia. Once we got to the castle, we found that the castle interior and museum were closed but that the printing room and wine cellar were open. The printing room housed a replica of the Guttenberg Press. We enjoyed lunch on the patio with Andrea and John, over looking Lake Bled. The view from the castle is really wonderful. After lunch, Kim enjoyed filling and corking her first bottle of wine.

We took a taxi back down to Bled and did a little shopping in the old section of town. We stopped at a wonderful patisserie and had cakes and coffee. Special Note - even though we haven’t encountered any SEC officials, Smokey has decided to not take any chances with illicit behavior - He is only indulging his sweet tooth and caffeine addiction.

After a little more shopping, we had a wine tasting back at the hotel. We finished up the day with dinner at Okarina Restavracija - a wonderful restaurant just up from the hotel. It was Joy’s birthday - sort of - so we had an excuse for a bit of a celebration.





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



21st February 2008

Love the stories from abroad - feeling the travel bug biting at me again... Tell Smokey to live a little - go for the good stuff!
22nd February 2008

Lorie, I love your pictures!!! The kitty looks precious!!! Anxious to see more pictures!!

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb