Day 6 &7


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Solčava
May 5th 2016
Published: May 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

A very peaceful day today. The reason we travelled to Slovenia was so Sue and her mother Eve could lay to rest their beloved father and husband Fank Lauric. A traditional Slovenia service and his ashes lay with his mother. Rest in Peace Frank.



Tonight was one of the 2 weekly night swims. I should add that the temperature inside the heated pool area is a constant 22C. AND there is a bar. ?



Tomorrow is an early round of golf For Emi and I. lahko noč. XO

May 5.
A great weather day, golfed in the am stayed and had lunch at the golf course a beautiful outdoor patio overlooking the 9th hole. Relaxed with a spa treatment before going into Ljubljana the capital of Slovenia the evening. We walked up and viewed yet another castle before walking along the canal past many open patio pubs and shops. The downtown area is closed to traffic, Only walkers and bikes.


Vehicle Registration LJ
Website www.ljubljana.si
Ljubljana (pronounced , locally also: ; also known by other alternative names) is the capital and largest city of Slovenia. During antiquity, it was the site of a Roman city called Emona. It was under Habsburg rule from the Middle Ages until the dissolution of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1918.

Situated at the middle of a trade route between the northern Adriatic Sea and the Danube region, it was the historical capital of Carniola, a Slovene-inhabited part of the Habsburg Monarchy, and it has been the cultural, educational, economic, political, and administrative center of independent Slovenia since 1991. Its central geographic location within Slovenia, transport connections, concentration of industry, scientific and research institutions and cultural tradition are contributing factors to its leading position.

Back in the car and Italy tomorrow




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb