Bled


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Slovenian Littoral » Goriska
September 30th 2008
Published: September 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The day began with another road race on the local autoroutes. They are toll roads (you have to buy a sticker every 6 months). There is something to be said for this system because the roads are very good and the tunnels are very costly to construct. The driving time is reduced compared to the local roads which are narrow and lots of curves. Lake Bled was a treat. The weather was wonderful and we walked around the lake (about 90 minutes). We also rented a boat and rowed out to the island where the church is located. This is a very picturesque location and there were not as many tour buses which was nice. Our pension is located in Radovljica about 5K from Bled since Bled caters to tourists with bottomless pockets ($200 plus/night). We walked into town and then found an excellent restaurant. Didn't look like much from the outside but upon entering it was like a wine cellar and lots of locals. Finding restaurants at times is a challenge since many places you think are restaurants are actually bars of which there are many. No specific plans for tomorrow. The weather is cloudy and cooler so our activites will be determined by what it looks like in the morning. Thursday we had for Munich which is about 4 hours from here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 12; qc: 38; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb