Sezana


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Istria
September 29th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was a much more restful day. Our travel time was much shorter. We stopped at a National Park (Skocjanske jame) whih is a UNESCO site. It is home to the largest underground cave in Europe. We walked through the interior of eleven caves (both dry and with a flowing river). The stalagmites & stalagtites were really amazing. Unfortunately interior photos were not allowed. At the lowest point we were 170 meters underground. At the end of the trip we took a vehicular trip back to the top. The car stalled abruptly on the way up causing a minor amount of panic on the part of the passengers. Fortunately nobody was seriously injured. We then went to Lipica to view the stables of the Libizzan horses. They have been breeding the horses here since 1580 and also hosts a classical riding school as well as a stud farm. We are staying in Sezana which is almost on the Italian border near Trieste. Unfortunately Mondays there were no shows so we were only able to view the barns and saw a few horses in the pastures. Tomorrow we head toward Lake Bled for a couple of days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb