Never mind the rapids just look at the Green


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Slovenian Littoral » Bovec
August 9th 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: jeff sharing his hike 35 secs
True loveTrue loveTrue love

There are two dogs at Nebesa. They look like bears but we love them
As we were driven, by a 21 year old driver with some slovenian irish folk music on the radio we found ourselves once again going down another narrow mountain road at the speed of 80 km. As we raced passed the trees I could only laugh how yesterday going on a similar road at the speed of 10 km I was terrified and on the verge of a total meltdown. Jeff threw me a look that meant "this is our last look before we fall into the ravine" or he was about to kill me for driving him so crazy yesterday while I looked totally relaxed as we weaved and waved through this new forest.

Today we decided to do some serious white water rafting on the Soca river. In our raft was our guide , Incha, a tourist from Belgium and ourselves. We were given a 10 minute safety preview about rafting on the Soca which made us realize that we were going into heavy waters.

Well after about 10 minutes we realized that we have had more rapids on the Jordan river and that it was time just to paddle, relax and enjoy the green.. Green trees, green clear water and just be green. As we were taking a break on one of the shores, before starting the more strenuous part, our partner in travels (the tourist with us) complained to our guide that I wasn't paddling "evenly" enough and therefore I should change my place and be on the same place as the guide so he would make sure that our boat is evenly going down the river...

We switched and then as we went through a rapid he was thrown from the boat into the 11 degree water. I might say he wasn't happy and started arguing with the guide about the right way to steer ,,, but luckily at that point our guide just said. "this is an extreme sport- it can happen" the rest of the trip he was quiet. Jeff climbed mountains - especially one named kuk and even filmed him reenacting the climb so we can enjoy the area.

Tomorrow we are leaving Nebesa- which means heaven in slovenia- and we are off to Bohinj . This place was just so amazing and really gave us some real relaxing time.. I will miss it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

It doesn't look wild but It doesn't look wild but
It doesn't look wild but

maybe down the river
After the rapids.After the rapids.
After the rapids.

It was Jeff ,myself and a traveler. he was complaining that I wasn't paddling evenly in the water. go figure


9th August 2010

The Beauty of the Balkans
Leslie is a friend from our neighborhood, and she shared your blog with me. My husband is a nice Jewish boy from Croatia (we met there during the war -- long story), and I'm a nice Jewish girl from the NY Metropolitan area. We've done a good deal of traveling in the region, so I'm enjoying your posts. Make sure you get to the coast, some place like Piran, where you will feel as though you are in Italy. You can walk the walls of the old city (a different old city, anyway), see signs of the former Jewish ghetto, and enjoy the sea air while sipping Italian coffee.
9th August 2010

beauty of the balkans
HI, thanks for your travel advice. We wanted to go to Piran earlier in the trip but we were so tired from the drive from croatia we decided that we would skip it this trip. the italian coffee sounds amazing but we will just have to keep on dreaming. Glad your enjoying the blog. if you ever get out to our part of the world. give us a call so we can get together. all the best. brenda

Tot: 0.449s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 22; qc: 104; dbt: 0.222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb