mtbo poland and now austria


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region » Bratislava
September 4th 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

day 15.....second day in vienna but i decided as i am apt to do that i wanted to go to bratislava instead so i caught the 9am ferry down..15 euros so good price. took 90mins at a good speed..slowing for the odd barge. some interesting sights..small one room fishing huts with net booms hanging out over water...and one castle.

spent the day wandering around streets looking into shops and having cheap lunch from tescos after long black of course and then had a red wine about 4pm before jumping a tram to railway station for return trip..10 euros which was even better value. bratislava is nice..i actually like it better than vienna but thats just me. u shopped in euros or slovak kroner except when u got to the train staion where u had to use kroner of which i had none so had to exchange first. doh

food and wine was cheap...old town was cool with some nice shops and obviously well to do peeps walking around as well as tourists..but way less than vienna streets. castle on hill top was old till it got destroyed and mainly rebuilt in 1950s....there was good video on last 100 years incl change process. lots of apartment housing over the danube. it was realtively empty when i got there but more tourisst arrived during day..but still u didnt feel squashed like prague and vienna..i even got some streetscapes with no people in them.

lots of windfarms there and in vienna environs..no resouce management act to worry about i guess. not that they turned much....it was 29 2day.

didnt try the metro there..viennas is great tho with some near new stations...euro 2008 got soem of those in i suspect including stadion nar where im staying....it is site of ernst happel stadium about 400 metres from here.

2moro i leave on 0840 train to freistadt via linz..cant get away from the place..it takes 3 hours so will get bike setup and go for a couple of hours ride an see what countryside looks like..races are sat pm and sun am..not that im entered yet as they lost my entry it seems so i start last.

may not get internet access there..will have to see..its not a tourist town as such i gather.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb