Welcome to Bratislava!!! Good you come in summer, the winter can be very depressing


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region » Bratislava
June 28th 2008
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last night we went on a pub crawl after checking into the hotel and putting our stuff down. We started at the American speaking 'Slovak Pub' then headed to the Film Cafe which has movie posters covering the walls but they are all in Slovakian, so naming the movies turned into a game. Home Alone 2, The Mummy, Legally Blonde, Terminator, and a bunch of others. They also had a few of those big movie cut-outs that you see standing around theaters. I thought it was hysterical that the main one was The Inspector Gadget Movie. We then stopped by the KGB pub (stands for something else but they play on that theme. there was a Stalin mural in the back. weird to say the least. drank our beer and left post hast.) Then we went to a small basement pub called Saris Pub.

Today we went around the city and did the usual tourist things.Tried to get into the castle but they werent letting anyone in, and when we were walking along the outer wall,we heard a band practicing the US National Anthem. hmmmm.

We ate a Konopizza which we thought would be good. They take this cone made of bread and put the ingredients in then put it on a CONVEYOR BELT through a little oven and voila! a konopizza. yuck.

walking back to the hotel we stumbled upod a Lemko (Ukrainian) Wedding taking place in the city square. Lots of dancing and accordian music. haha


Also in the square they were having a Euroculted festival with DJs spinning (Mixing Bombs over Baghdad with Modest Mouse was awesome) and graffiti artist making amazing pieces of art.


Erik: How much is 240 in euro?
Me: I refuse to do every single one of ur conversions. Its really simple. 30 to the euro. just divide.
Erik:6!
Me: 8 Erik. its 8.



Erik: Fags
Me: Erik, that was plural... and theres only 2 of us in this elevator.

Advertisement



6th August 2008

4th of July in Bratislava
Actually, the band probably wasn't practicing the national anthem - it was for real. June 28 was our annual 4th of July party on the Bratislava grounds. It's the best party all year, nearly 1000 people, Slovaks and expats together. You should have looked a little closer and joined the fun!

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb