The Second


Advertisement
Europe » Serbia » West » Belgrade
August 1st 2014
Published: August 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

And with that, the meat of this Dialogue is all but gone. The second disputation was this morning, this time with my team taking part as judges. It was truly a spectacularly fought debate, especially given that I -- and I know I'm not alone -- expected it to be one-sided, given who the debating teams were. In fact, after deliberating for nearly half an hour, we ended up awarding the disputation to the team that we had expected to be crushed. Credit to them.

In the afternoon, we headed over to the fortress, where we explored the military museum. It was relatively interesting; starting back in the ancient era with simple spears, and ranging up to the Balkan Wars. It was quite thorough in its coverage of weaponry and explanations of important battles and fighting styles. There was also radioactive material (double-encased for safety), which was totally awesome.



After that, we came back to throw together our judge's decision paper to turn in to our professor. I took advantage of the slightly cooler day to run to Hajd Park again, where I found an outdoor gym (mostly for stretching, honestly, but there were some weight-like machines). On returning, I went with a group of 13 other people to a delicious italian restaurant in the Bohemian District. When we got back to the hotel, we celebrated being done with our disputations; the celebration ended up devolving (or evolving, if you care to see it that way) into a philosophical discussion that included gay rights, nuclear power, Louisiana politics in the 1930s, and the Civil and Revolutionary Wars, among other things. We stayed up until 4:00am talking about this, so good night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.467s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb