Belgrade


Advertisement
Europe » Serbia » West » Belgrade
November 1st 2009
Published: November 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally made it in to the Rajkovic heartland... Had a crazy taxi ride from the Airport (as one would expect) and checked in to teh Hotel where for the first time in my life I wasn't asked to spell my surname! that was worth the plane fare alone....
Considering it's only 10 years since the city was bombed by NATO it has recovered reasonably well although as I was told before I arrived it is the most nonsensical mish mash of architecture and buiiolding you have ever seen. The peopel are generally friendly if not a little oportunistic, although it appears that tourism is still a relatively new thing to Belgrade, and it shows. Despite that the city was reasonably easy to get around, and the crazy public transport system somehoe manages to work.
Saw the Old Palace, St Marks, Temple of Saint Sava, Kalmegdan park and Belgrade fortress as well as the junction of teh Sava and Danube rivers. That really all that Belgrade has to offer, though it is a really easy going place and has a reasonably vibrant night life which was surprising.
Getting out of Belgrade....not so easy. First the train dept decided that the train wouldnt come to the station so organise a bus to take us to the train at a station outside of town, then the train was 2 hrs late, so was a long morning and a long train ride to Budapest.

Advertisement



4th November 2009

Always an adventure
So glad to see your adventure continues...Thank you so much for the link, it will be great to keep up with you and all you are seeing!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb