Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
November 8th 2009
Published: November 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Budapest after a very long train ride from belgrade, however the good news was the train station was only a 3 minute walk from the Hotel. had a chance on the first night to have a look around and get my bearings, seemed to get a little lost and apparently was walking parallel to the Danube without actually seeing it!

Next day tried to cram as many touristy things in as I could. Saw the Museum, Parliament, Buda Castle, castle Hill, The Chain Bridge and Budapest Castle (complete with Funicular). Came back down the Funicular at night, the Chain bridge and Danube were stunning by night.

Day three saw Heroes Square, Saint Stephens Basillica and Vajayunhad Castle. Also had the chance to take a stroll around Margaret Island which is quite pretty, it is incredible that such a land mass has remained essentially green space. That night also took a cruise along the Danube which was great to see by evening even if a little cool!

Generally the people were really friendly and the weather was good too. Cant rate Budapest highly enough, highly reccommend checking it out!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb