Another Time Zone, Another Country


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia
July 21st 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Morning! Following another lazy day at sea yesterday we have arrived in St Petersburg. Guess What? Yep! A band. A six piece russian brass band and drummer madly playing lively tunes as we docked and the first herds of people took off into St Petersburg. This time we are docked in a cargo port, so its not pretty - a tin shed, and hundreds of crates, forklifts and cranes. The city is a 30 minute drive away and we will head in later, followed by a trip back in to the ballet later!

Yesterday included photography class number 2 with Matt Bamber. Topic was composition so he talked through the usual rules of two-thirds etc. We also went to a seminar on russian art to learn about the history and techniques of creating traditional russian icons, lacquered boxes and the russian doll.

A beautiful day of blue skies and 25 degrees so we might even have to get the suncream out......!

Advertisement



21st July 2008

feeling a bit envious
I am really enjoying your blog and envying all the photo opportunities you've been enjoying especially as I spent all weekend babysitting! Great photos by the way, loved the lighthouse ones and the deckchairs on the beach.

Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb