Trans Siberian


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Urals » Perm
November 13th 2008
Published: November 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

ViewViewView

This is what the countryside looks like for most of the first part of the journey.
On the train I am in a Cabin with 4 beds there is just me and a French girl in there, she is living in French Guiana (South America) working as a social worker although she is originally from Paris.

In my Wagon there is me, my French roommate, 1 American, 2 French, 2 Swedish, 1 from Norway and 8 Chinese Girls. The train is not very full and most people have space in their cabins this is probably due to the time of the year….alot of people in Moscow and on my way there said it was crazy to do this trip in the winter.
Every few hours the train stops and people can get off and buy things from the station, there are small shops on the platform or sometimes there are local people selling a selection of things.
So far the scenery is mainly swampy or forests, the towns we have passed mainly consist of small wooden shacks and in some of the bigger ones there are one or two soviet style apartment buildings.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

TreesTrees
Trees

The vast majority of this area is trees
Typical HousesTypical Houses
Typical Houses

These seem to be the typical houses in this part of Russia.
ViewView
View

View from the train, just crossing a bridge into a town.


20th November 2008

Crazy tripsters
So..... was it crazy to do this trip in the winter?
21st November 2008

No, i think it was good in the winter Siberia is ment to be cold right?

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb