Cold and Drizzly Listvyanka


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Lake Baikal
July 18th 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Listvyanka


Today we headed to the shores of Lake Baikal to a small village called Listvyanka. It’s been slightly spoilt by some new garish big hotels being built next to the very cute wooden houses but our home for the night was amazing, it was 1km up a valley and in a big wooden chalet, our room was on the top with a private balcony overlooking the valley and the lake beyond. This was Baikal Chalet for 40 Euros a night but well worth it.

We had a nice relaxing day here, we bumped into the Irish girls from our hostel so we spent the day pottering around with them. There isn't much to do in Listvyanka and as it was cold and wet sunbathing and swimming was out of the question. We sampled some meat cooked from the BBQs along the shores and then ventured into a Chinese restaurant where we ordered off a Russian menu, you'll be disappointed to hear that we got all nice food and nothing odd like heart etc.

Once the Irish girls had left we brought some Russian champagne and beers and headed back to our balcony to enjoy the peace and quiet and the views.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb