Boat trip to Bolše Koti


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Lake Baikal
July 26th 2004
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to a relatively chilly and rainy day today. No worries - we are still up to some hiking and exploring. After a huge breakfast (Mrs Galina, our host lady made us pancakes, eggs, and pulled out sauseges, salamis, chees...) we took a fast boat to Bolše Koti. The boat was full of people and in 20 minutes we were there. It is a really small village only reachable with boat via lake and counts a population of about 100. In the short time of us getting out of the boat and taking few picture - all the people from the boat simply disappeared! It was down to four of us and some cows. No one else. So we decided to walk around and check the place out. We shared the place and its calmness and silence with birds... and a doggy - that popped out of no where to greet us... and later disappeared quickly. The forest that surrounded us was particularly spooky with the 'smoke' coming out of it. The time actually flew by and before we realized the sun was coming out of the cloudes and it was time to return to the boat. And then, equally quickly, in a matter of minutes, the 'harbor' was full of people. So full - I was afraid we wouldn't all fit on the boat. No idea where did all this people disappear in the hours we were walking around the village.

Once back in Listvianka we stopped in a small bar for dinner. The main dish on the menu was Omul - a fish endemic to the Baikal lake. Served 'al cartoccio' it was just outstanding.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.314s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 19; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb