Moscow to Krasnoyarsk


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Krasnoyarsk
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well after about 56 hours on the train, we made it to Krasnoyarsk. The train was very comfortable, Jules, Tan, Laura and I all in one cabin with Greg next door. Linda, a Canadian lady we met at the hostel in Moscow was a few carriages down.

Our beds were simmple benches with a mattress on top - the first night was the best sleep ever - the following ones were not that great! We quickly met loads of people mostly Russian who couldn't speak English, but itwould seem that really you don't need language at all! We had a few pictures drawn for us lots of pointing and of course once the vodka/beer is opened life is good!

We met a guy called Eugene - who had a mouth full of gold teeth - he couldn't believe that he was getting to speak to people who spoke english - he kept telling us it was "amazing!" and apologising for his bad english - we reassured him his English was a mile better than our Russian!

I really enjoyed being on the train, it was a lot of fun - almost like a moving camp! We bought up some supplies before jumping on the train so we had loads of food - we had lots of noodles and cuppa soups! At each stop we made we jumped off the train to see what we could buy. We had a picnic yesterday on the train with beer (that came in 1 litre cans!!), bread, sausage and Jules could not resist the dried fish! It wasn't as bad as you might think!

We have been in Krasnoyarsk this morning - a cute little town - we haven't explored too much as we were more interested in showering than anything else. After we finish up here we will take a look around. The boys are very keen to head to an all you can eat buffet and there seems to be a few clubs with a cuban theme - so may check them out later. It is Laura's birthday today so it will be up to her what we do. We had a little party and she opened her presents and cards etc on the train, Eugene and his mate (part of the SWAT team for the Russian Military) sang her happy birthday in Russian - which was lovely.

I'm sure there is a lot more I should be writing - but I just can't think of anything more right now. But I am safe and well and happy!



Advertisement



22nd July 2008

amazing!
Sounds like an excellent start to the adventure. Don't stand between the boys and the food at the buffet - don't want you trampled in the stampeed! Happy birthday to Laura. Keep having fun and stay safe.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb