Well, the trip is winding down....


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Saint Petersburg
July 11th 2006
Published: July 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sitting here in an internet cafe in the famous nevsky prospekt of dowtown st petersburg. Today, the british team and the american long term stint team left. Now it is once again just the six of us here in Russia, with no russian speakers. It was horribly sad to see them go, we really got close in the last three weeks, which have really flown by. I have so much to write about from the past week. We just back to st petes from "English Camp" and it was amazing... i love russian students. On the last night me and Kraig stayed up all night talking to three girls, two left at 3 and the other, Emily stayed until 4:30. She was so tentative and curiously listening to our stories and had so many questions, and it was just the most amazing thing ever. Since then, she told me that she has started reading her bible and i am almost 100% sure that she became a christian when she went back to her hotel room after the conversation...anywys,. it was amazing, and its going to be really hard to leave this place not knowing when or if i will see these people again.....wow.

so i should be home in about 3 days (july 14) and im excited but its bitter sweet. I am thinking about cashing my sky miles to visit liverpool and all my new friends next fall for a long weekend, but thats getting ahead of myself! Anyways, i just want to thank all of you for your support and especially for your prayers, because there were many times throughout this trip when i could feel the presence of your prayers. So in short, ill be coming back to the USA a changed man! and i am so excited for whatever God has for me in the future!

In Christ
Andrew

Advertisement



11th July 2006

PTL
Andrew, We are so happy that you had this opportunity and know that God has great things in store for you. When you serve with other Christians in this way, there is nothing like it. You can't explain to others; they just don't understand. When you said that you are coming home a changed person I think about God as the potter and we are the clay and He's molding us into the person He wants us to be. That is a pretty awesome thought. We are praying for safe travel. We will miss your stories. Stay in touch.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb