Moscow


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
July 20th 2005
Published: July 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

MoscowMoscowMoscow

Red Square
Boarding our train at midnight tonight for St Petersburg.. our last overnight train in Russia. So have some time to kill and upload some photos.
We did a tour of the KGB musuem on our first day which was really interesting.. very James Bond sort of stuff, it was quite cool, and we met an ex-chief from the KGB who was a bit of a character. It was probably one of the best tours we've done on the trip so far.
The afternoon we spent in a park outside the city and went on the Feres Wheel and some water slides ... was fun.

Today we took a tour of the Kremlin and the Armoury musuem , we were both feeling a bit shady from last night ( and still are ) so it was tough going in the heat listening to our russian guide. Although we did see Faberge art .. hmm,i had no idea who he/she was to be honest, but they were nicely painted eggs.

We took the subway around the city, went to some markets, dinner and yeah so now we are just waiting on the train.

Will update from St Petersburg.

D&G


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SuzdalSuzdal
Suzdal

One of the many churches in Suzdal
VladimerVladimer
Vladimer

Not much crops but a nice scarecrow
MoscowMoscow
Moscow

Church of Christ our Saviour
MoscowMoscow
Moscow

St Basils Cathedral in Red Sq
KGB HeadquartersKGB Headquarters
KGB Headquarters

Russias blind faith decided over a handshake...


21st July 2005

Zdravstvuite
Hi D and G. Conor has just been to Sydney to see The Doves, caught up with Adrienne. We are going this weekend so will catch up with her also and on all the goss. Lunch on Manly Beach...we'll think of you!!!!! Love the photos. You look so relaxed and happy. I love it. Say hello to Ma and Da for us.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb