Quick stop in Khabarovsk


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Far East » Khabarovsk
July 6th 2012
Published: July 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Khabarovsk was very hot and humid - 31degrees apparently. We found it to be a really attractive city centre, and enjoyed walking down by the river, which was more like being at the seaside. Cant imagine it with the river so frozen that cars can drive on it. We explored the Museum of Regional Studies to get out of the heat (meeting our new Aussie friends along the way). Unfortuantely hardly any English descriptions, but it varies from stuffed local animals, through local tribal history, to general russian history and household items. Not much else to see or do, but still worth an overnight stop.

We stocked up on food for the train journey and as a noisy thunderstorm broke we again strugled for a bit to find somewhere to eat, before ending up in a nice bar with piano music, and again had a good meal. Although the breakfast choices were a little odd, the Hotel Sapporo was great - its staff couldn't do too much for us.

Advertisement



6th July 2012

Khabarovsk - What !?
Now ,it maybe only me , but did Vladivostok suddenly metamorphasise into Khabarovsk ? Am I missing something here or has a part of the Blog gone into the Ether never more to be found ? Certainly interesting about Seoul - but Tovarich - am still a bit non-plussed !!
13th July 2012

Birthday
Amazing to experience it with you - thank you. Happy Birthday from France - envelope awaiting your return.Rosxxxx

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb