Romania - random observations


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania
June 5th 2010
Published: June 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

these observations mean nothing except that I observed them - they are not intended to judge, only document

* You know you're getting used to the place when you don't stub your toes walking between rooms at night.
* Rollerblades seem incredibly popular with all ages everywhere.
* Moles on faces are so common here.
* There are countless car washes.
* Quite a few boy-girl couple wear matching color schemes
* The ONE feature that is likely to draw attention is the weak plumbing standards. Dripping pipes, jerry-rigged installations, broken seat, turkish toilets, and broken faucets even in recently renovated schools.
* The bright WC spot is that with the design of a most common toilet roll holder they solved the ancient question of over/under. The answer is over.
* In addition to the car washes, streets are packed with banks, gold merchants and money exchanges.
* Random excess wires hang from poles everywhere, presumably to make extending connections easier. I'm told most wires are hung in unauthorized night time installations.
* A lot of people will stand at the Metro doors, but refuse to be the one to push the button to open the door.
* When you arrange to meet a friend at the Piata Romana McDonald's be sure to plan to meet inside. A guy standing alone there after dark will have quite a number of offers for sex if he's there more than a few minutes.
* Feathered bangs is a growing male hair style.
* At McD they smash the trash down so as not to use too many trash bags. And there are two Christmas-oriented songs on the music play list.
* There's a paintball park called Stalingrad, the turning point of WWII which led to Romania's defeat.
* People say they don't like traditional music, but there are now two TV stations playing in non-stop and lots of it on the variety shows.

Advertisement



7th June 2010

more you saw and did not mention :)
- you said here that you've seen many elder couples holding hands and you enjoyed it :) - there are even much more positive stuff you mentioned when we talked. Waiting you to mention them too :P

Tot: 0.417s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb