301011


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal
October 30th 2011
Published: October 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Grain StoreGrain StoreGrain Store

There are hundreds of these, all different!
On Friday we decided to have a look at the peninsular near Pontevedra. Alas, it was not as pretty as we hoped being endless campsites and hotels, all closed. We spent the night by a beautiful long beach though and I went for a long walk along the sand, watching the surfers and collecting shells.
Yesterday we drove down the coast and had to keep stopping to take photos of the massive waves. We parked overnight right next to the sea and you could feel the pounding of the waves vibrating through the van!
Today we arrived in Portugal and have stopped at a campsite near Viana do Castelo to do some washing. We just managed to hang it out before the sun went in! I know absolutely no words in Portuguese so I had better start looking up some useful phrases, like "a large glass of wine please" or "where is the bar?"


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



30th October 2011

Ola!
The walk in Cares Gorge looked amazing! Hope the weather improves now you're in Portugal. As for Portuguese - I happen to have a phrasebook so for the most essential phrases see below: Glass of wine please: En queria um copa de vinho rose, por favor? (or uma garrafa - bottle); Where's the bar: Onde e que ha um bar? This is hitting the spot: Esta a saber-me mesmo bem! I'm feeling drunk: Estou a sentir-me bebada. I feel ill: Sinto-me mal. Hope this is useful (apart from the last one - hopefully you wont be needing that). Love Cass and your mum and dad (who are here for dinner send their love)
1st November 2011

catching up
Just got up to date with your journey. Reminds us of our trip to the Costa Verde and the Picos de Europa and the weather more reminiscent of the coast at Peacehaven.We have our own pictures of waves and sunsets. No mountains though. Too many 20k walks though and you'll have legs like tree-trunks! Hope the weather improves for you soon. Don't run out of chocolate. Adios, Adieu, Bye Bye.

Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1004s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb