Half a day in Sintra and in the westernmost point of continental Europe!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Sintra
July 18th 2013
Published: August 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

For our 2nd day in Lisbon, we went to Sintra early morning. We talked about our plan to go there to our host and he kindly offered us to take us there in the morning, as he was only working in late afternoon on that day. This was great because he knew where to go and it was much quicker than bus!!

For breakfast, we went to a pastry shop, which is famous in Sintra. We ate there a pastry called "travesseiros", which is made of sugar cane cream wrapped in pastry. I have to say that the 1st bite I thought ok that's really tasty but after some bites, it was really too "heavy" for me with all this sugar and butter. But, well, it was nice to taste it once.

After breakfast, we walked in Sintra where it was still really foggy and we saw some castles and visited Quinta da Regaleira. It's a big park with a palace, a nice little chapel, some lakes and two really nice things: an inversed tower and some tunnels. So for instance, we walked inside the tunnel to enter the chapel. You could really image was had happened there during the former ages. It was really a great place, where I enjoyed a lot walking! Then we did a car tour in the city to see the Sena Palace but we did not enter as we thought that the entrance price was quite high -17€!!-.

Afterwards, we went to the coast to see the westernmost point of continental Europe: Cabo da Roca. This was a really beautiful coastal place. At that time, the fog was not that big so it was a nice scenery.





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb