2nd day of riding


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Braga
August 3rd 2010
Published: August 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Second day of riding and the qoutes from the riders as follows
Annie Laziest horse ever
Sage Im not dead yet
Heather Hold on for dear life.
Ok in actuallity the girls are riding either 2 or 3 hours per day and they are working hard. It is funny because the horses are very well trained, but as Annie says you have to know which button to push and it is much different than the US. The girls are used to not using really short reins, but here if you donÂșt the horses assume you do not know what you are doing so you must.

On a non horse note there is a gorgeous church, actually around every corner but the one across the street rings the bell on the half hour starting at 7, thus no alarm clocks becuase you get up and 7 and the first ride is either 8 or 9.
Breakfast is on the table when you want and consists of bread, butter, cookies, cereal, lunchmeat, cheese and yogurt.

After two morning rides lunch ensues around 130 and lasts for 2 hours. It includes various courses always a soup and it is somewhat of a mystery soup and everyone spends time guessing what is in the soup. Basically it is a soup to nuts meal. Dessert always includes a fruit and cheese course, but I am convincing myself of two things, one I am eating slower so thus not as much and two I donÂșt drink the wine so I am avoiding lots of calories that way. Wine is offered to everyone kids included every 20 minutes. I have never said no so much in my life.

Riding starts again at 4 and dinner not until 830 and lasts until 11.
Needless to say we have to get back to the room and discuss dinner and other guests so bed around midnight or 1.
Lots of giggling in our all girl suite.

We are hoping to fit in some sight seeing today at 5 when Annie is finished with her lesson. We are heading to Point de Lima.

Yesterday afternoon we went to the small village near the farm called Pico de Rigaldo. OBviously not many American tourists visit Pico de Rigaldo so we gathered many stares and even a few catcalls, but I am guessing that was toward the girls.


The food is fresh and the surroundings are gorgeous. WE will give you the scoop on Point de Lima tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0846s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb