Canary Island Cruise


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Madeira » Funchal
January 26th 2024
Published: January 26th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Friday 26th January



A beautiful sunny day as we get closer to Madeira. The Grill is our favourite place for breakfast, lovely and light and airy with ceiling to floor windows looking across the sea. Yesterday we spotted a couple of dolphin fins but no luck today.



In the evening the Grill has the same menu as the Grand Dining room, with table cloths added & flowers to coordinate with the pink decor it gives a pleasant ambiance and not as busy as the Grand Dining room.



We are Portside so have the sun on our balcony in the morning. It was so nice to just sit and relax and enjoy the sunshine after the past few grey days.



Time for an Alfresco lunch today on the Verandah, deck 12, what a difference that sun makes, it was around 19 degrees.



The captain announced that we will arrive in Funchal earlier than planned now around 6pm instead of 8pm. We have been to Madeira many times but it is always good to return.



Remembering our lovely holiday in May last year when we stayed for two weeks. Familiar sights and memories as the Captain and crew manoeuvred the ship alongside the quay. Shuttle buses were immediately available for anyone wishing to go ashore and many did but for us we ate in the speciality restaurant Khukuri House - A Nepalese Gurkha heritage inspired experience.



Our main courses were Masala Duck for David & Sea Bass in a banana leaf for me, with Amuse-bouches, & starters we were too full for a dessert.

Back in the cabin we sat on the balcony overlooking the night scene of Funchal.



In several Ports of Call Saga have panoramic excursions that are included in the cost of the holiday, you can of course book optional excursions but we find sometime that just a 3 hour tour without strenuous walking is right for us. So that’s what we have booked for tomorrow morning.



As we will not now be calling into Gran Canaria & Lanzarote, where we had booked tours, these have now been refunded.



With so much included on a Saga cruise you really could disembark at the end of the voyage not having spent a Penny.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb