Last day in madeira


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Madeira » Funchal
May 7th 2023
Published: May 7th 2023
Edit Blog Post

7th May



Sadly our last day.

We watched the Coronation on the TV yesterday with Sky News. Loved every minute of it.



We’ve not ventured far today, around our hotel there is always something to enjoy whether it be watching the cruise ships come in and out of port, the daily ferry that goes to Porto Santo or the little sailboats and sailboarders.



We will miss our little walks along the promenade and down the old street tothe cheery baker who always gave a service with a smile as he prepared our croissants/rolls for lunch which we then enjoyed on the balcony watching the world go by.



This afternoon a parade of classic cars, no luxury of a grandstand seat but we managed to find a good spot along the roadside.

The beautifully dressed girls, ladies and men walked at the start of the event, this time carrying large bouquets which not many did in the flower parade as they danced more then.



The classic cars started to arrive, all shapes, ages and styles, with passengers dressed beautifully waving away to the crowds.

Obviously the pride and joy of the owners as they glistened in the afternoon sunshine.



It has been a fabulous two weeks and todays final parade was a wonderful finale.

An early start tomorrow for our flight home, so this is the last of my Madeira blog. Until the next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement















Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb