No such thing as too much pastry.


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
April 8th 2005
Published: April 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I would just like to say that Lisbon is way way better than Madrid. Much better looking and friendlier people. I found a cute little hotel to stay at in the central part, so getting to places is easy walking except for the hills! Which is a good thing because the bus system here is super crowded. Anyways, I've been gorging myself on pastries and cafe and taking little trips to Castelo de Sao Jorge, Torre de Belem, and the monastery of st. Jerome. All very beautiful places. I particularly enjoy the statue or whatever it is of Jesus across the bay. It's kinda like the ones you see in Brazil, with the arms spread open. Of course, I also managed to squeeze in some shopping,,,mostly for snack food items from the El Corte Ingles, which is a huge department store/supermarket. Tomorrow, I'm trying to get on a tour to Sintra, with a few other places thrown in. Once I get back from that, one more night in Lisbon, then off to Lagos, in the south.

Advertisement



21st May 2005

Hey, i think that too ;)
Well, i really like madrid too, but it lacks a river. I think that going to the castle and looking down the hills all the way to the river is just a thing that madrid can't beat. well, if wanyone wants to go to lisbon, check out the Lazy Crow, it's a very cool place to stay, cheap rates, and very nice people running it. they'll even take you out to party, on a good day.
22nd June 2005

Lisboa
monastery of st. Jerome - doesn't exist in Lisbon! ;) The name is MOSTEIRO DOS JERÓNIMOS; in english: Jerónimo's Monastery

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb