Bom dia ... but where has the sun gone?


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Central » Coimbra
November 4th 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I am now in Portugal - currently we are in the University town of Coimbra . The university has a really long history and is set in the old town. We went out to see the Roman ruins in a nearby town this morning. It is still very cold and wet here. Hopefully as we head further south it will start to warm up again. Hope that everyone made lots of money on the cup today - sounds like it was a good race.

We caught the train down to Lisbon on the 5th. Yesterday we headed across to Sintra which is a Unesco site. It was quite hilly so good to have a good walk. Walked up to the Moorish Castle on the top of the hill. After that we caught the bus across to Cabo da Roca which is the lighthouse at the most Western Point on the European mainland. I was expecting it to be very windy but it was lovely and still. Lisbon is a few degrees warmer as hoped. Today we head further south to Faro on The Algarve - the southern coastline of Portugal - before heading into Morocco.

OK found the sun .... it was hanging out in Faro and Seville on the south coast. We had some lovely days down there before catching the ferry across to Africa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb