Starting our crossing to the Mainland on 9/25 and another Blog Site


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Azores » Santa Maria
September 24th 2012
Published: September 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tsamaya continuing to mainlandTsamaya continuing to mainlandTsamaya continuing to mainland

Yes, this photo is from a different sailing trip, but hopefully our sail this time will be just as good!
It appears that we now have a weather window to make our crossing from the island of Santa Maria in the Azores to mainland Portugal. Our plan is to leave tomorrow AM (Tuesday, 9/25) which will get us to land 6 days later (October 1st) if the weather stays as planned! It should be nice for the evening hours as the full moon is September 29th. We will be heading to Lagos on the southern coast where we have reservations at the marina there for 6 months. We had thought before we would head to Porto along the Atlantic coast, but with the weather predictions we figure it will be a nicer sail to Lagos.

We will try again to keep you updated on our progress on www.shiptrak.org (you need to enter our call sign of KC2TIU before you can see the log and location on the map) and on the other blog that we used when making the Atlantic crossing so if interested in our crossing to the mainland of Portugal check it out!

In case you didn’t bookmark the other blog to check it is located at www.tsamaya-waller.blogspot.com

We will work hard to post an entry
Greetings to you all from both of us!Greetings to you all from both of us!Greetings to you all from both of us!

Thanks go to our friend, Christa for a great photo!
every day so you will know where we are and how the crossing is going. We estimate that the crossing should take approximately 6 days. As before, don't worry if we don't get a posting up daily as it may have to do with some technical difficulties or just too busy with sailing to get the post done, but we will try hard not to miss a day!

Will be sure to let you know when to start and stop checking this site and will return to our main blog site where we will add full entries with photos.

Best wishes always from Bob & Janice. Hopefully Sailor has read the memo that we have a crossing coming up and she will adapt as always to sailing after sitting in the marina for quite some time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb