The day I fell in love with Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve
April 15th 2008
Published: April 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

April 12, 2008

We went to the free breakfast, and it was delish because there were peaches and pineapple and chocolate muffins! Then Julie, Katie, and I headed to the beach. The beaches in Portugal are gorgeous! There are cliffs and rocks all over. We found a place to lay and started to tan. I went for a couple walks because I was getting bored and wanted to see more of the beach. Around 3, after 4 ½ hours of sun, we headed in to shower. Then we went shopping in the stores off the main road. On our way back, we stopped to get some ice cream. I had Duplo Caramelo which was vanilla with caramel and walnuts. Very good.

At 6:30, we all met up to go to Cabo San Vicente in Sagres to watch the sunset. Cabo San Vicente is known as “the end of the world” because it is on the southern most tip of Portugal in the Atlantic Ocean. It was insanely windy here because of the lack of trees and being surrounded by water. The sunset was very pretty, but we were just ready to be warm again. When we got back to our hotel, Julie, Katie, and I went to The Sitting Bull for dinner. I had nachos which were amazing, especially since it has been forever since I have had any! During our dinner, we were provided free entertainment from a group of older Scottish men. They were very drunk and very funny! We went back to the hotel and hung out before bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



25th April 2008

Enjoyed your pictures. The sunset in particular looked magnificent. Know what you mean about the weather at Cabo san Vincente. The one time I visited it was howling with wind and raining buckets!! If you go back to Portugal try the eastern algarve. It is much flatter with long golden beaches to rival even the carribean. Take a look at my blog www.santaluzia-portugal.blogspot.com for a few pointers.
19th December 2008

hay
cool you travel good for you i love egypt go there bye bye bye for know

Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 16; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1839s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb