You Only Lagos Once


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Lagos
September 16th 2012
Published: September 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

What a weekend. Lagos was a great first independent travel weekend, but I have to say I now have very high expectations for the rest of my weekend adventures.

We started out our trip by travelling to Sevilla, Spain on Thursday where our tour would leave from on Friday. We arrived in Sevilla around eight pm. We had a little trouble getting to the hostel where we were staying that night without having our iphones to guide our every step. We had to buy a map and it ended up being giant. After asking several locals and searching for the hostel's street we finally found it on the map. It was the smallest possible street on this giant map. Once we found it on the map it was very easy to get to though. It was the first hostel any of us had stayed at and it was perfect. It was called Hostal Picasso and I found it in Let's Go Europe which my spanish teacher from last year had recommended I use for traveling. It was a small hostel and we had a private room with two bunk beds for the four of us. It was right in the center of town though so we were able to change and quickly head out before missing any fun. We hung out in small parks and plazas where a lot of locals were so we were able to interact with them which was really fun.

The next morning we woke up and had a hostel style breakfast- white bread and jelly. Not exactly what we had wanted but for the price we paid, we couldn't complain. We checked out and wandered around sevilla for a few hours and then made our way to the bus station to meet our tour guides and the rest of the students who took the bus to sevilla that morning.

After another bus ride, we arrived in Lagos! Our hotel, Aqualuz, was beautiful. It was apartment style and decorated to look very beachy. Once we got checked in we quickly changed and walked down to the beach. We were greated by our tour guides with endless sangria and a beautiful secluded beach that had caves surrounding it. When we got finished with the beach we went back to the hotel and made dinner in our room. That night we went to a club called Grand Cafe but between all the traveling and soaking up the sun (and the sangria too) we didn't last to long before heading back to the hotel.

The next morning we got ready for our Sangria boat tour. There was too much fog in the morning to go at eleven like we had planned, so we went to the beach first and then around one oclock when it cleared up we boarded the sailboats. Yet again we had endless sangria and took amazing pictures. We got to take a tour of the Grottos which are caves that boarder Lagos beaches. We also were anchored right in the middle of the ocean and we were all jumping into the clear water enjoying the Atlantic from the other side of the world. It was one of the best days of my life.

That night we took a 40 minute drive to...the end of the world! It was beautiful. We watched the sunset and just enjoyed the amazing view off the cliffs. After that we went downtown and ate at a Portugese resturant. We all had the swordfish which both our tour guides and the waitress recommended...and for good reasoning because it was the freshest swordfish I've ever had. After we had full stomachs we were so tired we all went back to the hotel and got a good night's sleep before another big day at the beach.

Sunday morning we drove about 45 minutes to a secret surfing beach. We layed out in the sun, played with the locals' dogs, and cooled off in the water. Later in the afternoon we had a surfing lesson that was so fun. The waves were huge, so the whitewater was actually enough fun and difficulty for us. I even stood up a few times! After the lesson ended, so did our getaway to Lagos. We headed back to the hotel and picked up our belongings and headed back to Sevilla. 12 hours after leaving Lagos, we arrived exhausted, but tan in Madrid.



https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151423436729428.577689.693919427&type=3


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb