Traveling again! Portugal!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Lagos
August 8th 2010
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

August 8, 2010

We made it to Portugal!! And Roma was AMAZING!

We had a world win tour of Rome, the sights were out of this world and we probably only seem a very small portion of the city. We did manage to get around without getting to “lost”. Nick and Marcus’ map reading skills were put to the test, while Hannah and my patents were put to the test as us princess had score feet and were thirsty most of the time.

On our last day in Rome we were walking around this square with this magnificent church (which of course I have forgotten which one), but right beside it there was a cafe with the owner who worked the crowd! Come have a cold glass of wine on me, the children, they will get a bottle of water, and on and on. But his was the only cafe that was busy!

At this cafe the food was good, and the cookies that the kids got on their ice cream were in the shape of pillars, so cool!

We did a lot of walking in Rome and I have to say that my feet got really score by the end of the day, but it was worth it.

We had to get up at 3:00 in the morning on Sunday to catch our plane to Lisbon. We had ordered a taxi to be at the hotel at 4:00, but it did not show up, so by 4:30 we were on our way to the airport. The city of Rome is much different at that time of day. There are not as many people or cars around the streets, except for the few who are heading back to their hotels from the bars!

But at the airport it was a way different story! The airport at 5:00 am was as busy as YVR in the middle of the day. Thousands of people coming and going, but the lines moved fast and we made it to our plane on time. The flight was full, there had to be three hundred people on that plane.

When we landed in Lisbon, our bags made it off the plane quickly and we were able to get out of the airport in record time and into a taxi to the train station. We made the 10:20 train to Lagos!

More in a few days!



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb