The Algarve - Good Food, Good Port, Good fun!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Faro
May 21st 2006
Published: July 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bronson and SyBronson and SyBronson and Sy

Praia da Vau
Next stop on our farewell to Europe tour was a nice, relaxing holiday on the Algarve. Being half-Portuguese and having my dad there certainly helped us discover all the local gems. We basically spent the week being fattened up. The food was amazing, especially the sardines! I managed to eat 18 large sardines in one sitting, much to the delight of the owners/chefs.

Sy (my dad) was the perfect host: arranging for us to have a great 1-bedroom apartment in the Praia da Rocha then stocking up the fridge with lots of Portuguese cuisine to eat, despite keeping us so busy we hardly had time to eat there!

His itinerary included taking in most of the towns in the area: Portimao, Albufeira, Vilamoura, Quarteira. A highlight was the amazing rock formations at Praia do Vau, where most of our photos were taken. We also managed to squeeze in some shopping, much to Sharon's delight.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Bronson and SyBronson and Sy
Bronson and Sy

Who's the man?
Bronson and SharonBronson and Sharon
Bronson and Sharon

Not my shoes!
Jose's BarJose's Bar
Jose's Bar

The best food in the Algarve. Without a local host it would be impossible to find. Go on dad!
In shadowIn shadow
In shadow

I'm still taller than you! :>
Apartment ViewApartment View
Apartment View

The panorama we woke up to every morning.
CastleCastle
Castle

I think this was somebody's house, believe it or not!
Bronson and SharonBronson and Sharon
Bronson and Sharon

Praia da Vau
Heart attack waiting to happenHeart attack waiting to happen
Heart attack waiting to happen

This Portuguese "Club Sandwich" was bread, lots of meat, all of it covered in cheese, swimming in BBQ sauce - yummy!
Another beachAnother beach
Another beach

Just not enough time to lie on them all...


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 16; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb