PORTUGAL 2024


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Faro
January 24th 2024
Published: January 25th 2024
Edit Blog Post

How lucky can a person be? Tomorrow we leave for Portugal to spend a week with Anne’s brother and his wife in the house they have rented for a month. It will be a welcome break from all the rain that has fallen in January (what am I saying? If that had been snow we’d be buried 6 feet deep in it). It has been a dreary winter with very little snow and even less sun. I need some sun (and fun).

I anticipate lots of walking in the sun. There are so many things to experience and see in Portugal. I love the old cities of Europe and each one has an ancient medieval village centre to be explored. The worn stone buildings and cobblestone streets have been beautifully and lovingly preserved. I can picture us sitting outside at a little round table having coffee and treats or a blood red glass of wine.

I have already checked in for the first leg of the flight from Toronto to Lisbon. Leaving Toronto at 5:40 p.m. Thursday and arriving Friday morning in Lisbon to collect our luggage and then board a smaller flight to Faro.

Anticipation…….

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb