Poland Just Now recommends: Bielsko-Biala and the surrounding area.


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
February 17th 2015
Published: February 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Travelling by car across Poland gives you many benefits. You decide where to go and whom to take with you. Car rentals can be found in all major airports, railway stations, and large towns. Driving a car, you are able to avoid crowds. Highways and expressways in Poland are part of the national road network. At 31 December 2014, approximately 1552 km of highways and 1605 km of expressways were in use. Their condition is usually very good, because they are quite new. Road network size of Slaskie Voivodeship, where Bielsko-Biala lies, it is twice as large as the average for the whole country.





1. Pszczyna – for History Buffs

Bielsko-Biala is an attractive medium-sized city jn the south part of Poland, but the real gem is the nearby Pszczyna.This is compact city with the name difficult to pronounce but owns a lot of charm. Well-preserved medieval urban layout , lovely market and numerous architectural monuments of the eighteenth and nineteenth-century gained moody, intimate character. Impressive ducal castle is surrounded by picturesque 150-hectare park with many ponds. You can visit both interior of the Promnitz Castle as well as historic area with Rynek, lively town square. Go for a walk with a professional guide through the city. Book guided city walk across Pszczyna and check out the history of one of the most beautiful cities in the Silesia.





2. Silesian Beskids, Bielsko-Biala - for Nature Lovers and … Cultural Explorers

Beskid Mountains, which are springing up on the outskirts of Bielsko-Biala will provide an excitement to everyone, who is in mood for. There are many excellent trails and attractions like birds of prey-wildlife theme park. On the slopes of the Mount Barania are sources of Wisła (Vistula) River, the Queen of Polish rivers. Position of the Evangelical Augsburg Church in this mountainous region is stronger than anywhere in the country. Hit the trail with professional guide and reach Klimczok peak (1117 m high) by climbing from Bielsko-Biala. It will be easier, if you take a funicular railway, and make additional stop in Szyndzielnia Mountain Hostel. Knowledgeable guide will choose hiking destinations based on your fitness level and interests. Whether you’re a casual walker or an advanced hiker, the guide can customize your hike to include panoramic views or lush wooded trails.





3. Szczyrk ski region - for Outdoor Enthusiasts

Ski area in Szczyrk is a paradise for skiers where they can enjoy greatest ski runs in Beskids, including Mount Skrzyczne slope which is known as ‘Golgota’ among frequent visitors. This is one of the best resorts for winter sports in Poland. With 27 ski lifts and cross-country skiing possibilities, there is plenty of options both for beginners and pros. Book ‘Improvement of skiing techniques’ event and do advances in skiing/snowboarding. The lessons and ski runs will be chosen by the instructor to make it in an efficient, stress-free, and above all, safe way.

(available from December to April)





4. Regional dish, Bielsko-Biala: golonko po beskidzku – for Foodies

Golonko, knuckle of pork is the lower part of ham or pork shoulder cut off along with the bone. In the culinary tradition of people from Bielsko-Biala surroundings, this delicacy was being prepared during pig killing feasts. Make dinner reservations at a local restaurant that serves this unusual dish.





Are you going to view attractions and events of Bielsko-Biala or make your booking? Visit Poland Just Now website (http://polandjustnow.com), select south-western region of Poland on a map and create itinerary for a trip lasting a minimum of 7 days.

If you go, select and book events of your interest, add the attractions that you do not want to skip to an itinerary, make a reservation for accommodation and car rental. All of these you can do through Poland Just Now website.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb