Poland Just Now recommends: Warszawa and the surrounding area.


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Masovia » Warsaw
January 30th 2015
Published: January 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Though May to October are the best months to visit Mazovia region (Mazowsze) if you want to avoid cold, there are events to draw interested visitors year-round. Mazovia is a great place to visit for both culture/history buffs and wildlife/outdoor activities enthusiasts alike.



1. Warszawa – for History Buffs and Urban Explorers

Warsaw, the capital of Poland, as well as cultural center of Mazovia region is also the largest city in the country. This is the city of Frederic Chopin, Maria Curie, Wladyslaw Szpilman and Pola Negri. Warsaw Old Town is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.

Take a walk with a professional guide and explore the streets and squares which have been painstakingly rebuilt after last war. Check out tumultuous history of the metropolis located on the both sides of Vistula river. Explore special places and associated with the uprisings, especially one, which took place in the Ghetto and second, which happened in 1944. Book guided city walk across the city and discover how it has changed since the fall of communism.

Nearest airports: Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW) Warsaw Airport - Modlin (WMI).





2. Kampinos Forest – for Nature Lovers and Outdoor Enthusiasts

There is Kampinos Forest, Biosphere Reserve in the vicinity of the capital. If you are seeking peace, you probably find it there.

Hit the trail with professional guide and select one of the many trails, maybe Main Kampinos Forest Trail, which crosses vast forest complex. The total length of the trail is 56 km. One of the most interesting sections of the trail leads from Dziekanów Leśny to area, where a cemetery-mauzoleum 'Palmiry' is located. Sand dunes in the Kampinos National Park are considered to be the best preserved complex of inland dunes in Europe.





3. Mazovia of Chelmonski, Polish Patriotic Painter - for Cultural Explorers and … Outdoor Enthusiasts

Jozef Chelmonski lived in modest manor house with a piece of farmland. He spent last twenty-five years of his life in rural Mazovia. Nowadays, in the chambers of neoclassical palace surrounded by a park on the outskirts of Radziejowice, you can see many of Chelmonski works. They are so epic because he was painting with a great sense of color. He successfully replicated the natural beauty of that region.

Bonfire among the nostalgic Mazovia scenery will be an interesting experience. Plains wide and flat as a table, small patches of forests are characteristic features of landscape. We recommend booking this event - bonfire in the area, where beloved artist lived and created his works. (available from April to October).





4. Regional dish, Warszawa: traditional beef tartar – for Foodies

One of the biggest Polish delicacies is a famous tatar, though it is not easy at all to encounter it in restaurants. Legend has it that the name 'tatar' comes from untamed Tatars, and more specifically from the misconceptions about them, allegedly consuming raw meat. Make dinner reservations at a local restaurant that serves this unusual dish.





5. Personal Trip Concierge, Warszawa – for Comfort Seekers

Would you mind taking short trip to Praga, the right-bank part of the city but you do not know, what to find there? Do you want to make your way to great vegetarian restaurant or trendy spot? Are you nightlife seeker and don’t want to go wrong? Maybe, you are thinking of a stylish picnic on the bank of the river. Maybe, you are art lover or shopping fanatic but you have not enough time to make the right selection. You probably need somebody that you can trust. Concierge is solution of your problem – he or she will be assisting you with short trip arrangements and provide accurate information.



Are you going to view attractions and events of Warszawa or make your booking? Visit Poland Just Now website (http://polandjustnow.com), select any region of Poland and create itinerary for a trip lasting a minimum of 2 days, from or to Warszawa.



If you go, select and book events of your interest, add the attractions that you do not want to skip to an itinerary, make a reservation for accommodation and car rental. All of these you can do through Poland Just Now site.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb