mtbo Poland


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Warmian-Masurian » Olsztyn
August 29th 2008
Published: August 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 11..I think.

Race was scheduled for 5pm and as it was raining at day break I anticipated cabin fever and headed for Olsztyn for coffee after breakfast. It had eased by 1030 so after a short and long black I wandered around till the 1333 back to SJ, ate and got ready.

2days start was some 6km away so rode there with another kiwi and got ready. Another mass start but this time in age groups. It was a free order which means u get to choose the route for the 19 we had to do. I got lost going for control one but with the help of a couple of others got back on track and then sort of teamed up with another to do the rest of the controls. Second last again but there were some lovely bits of single track in the forests..these are very complex forests to ride in with tracks everywhere and at all angles, U can also ride of track to get to another track but there are risks...and nettles!

Got back to Hotel with 30mins left for dinner..its a bummer that we race at days end and they schedule food for the better class of rider.

Last race 2moro..sad really. U train hard for 4 months and then its over in a week..well least I have another 2 in Austria on 6 and 7 Sept to look forward to. Forests over here beat hellout of any in NZ.

After race 2moro I pack bike and get ready for 8.53 to Warsaw and overnite sleeper(yeah right) to Prague. Its 4 days off before getting to Freistadt via Wien on Friday to assemble bike again, practise ride and then middle and long over 2 days.

Then there is a speaking engagement :>)

L8er readers

T.Rev



Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb