The Baltic Sea!!!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Pomerania » Malbork
June 5th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Careful not to Fall!!!!Careful not to Fall!!!!Careful not to Fall!!!!

Haa...forgot where I found this....I think it was near the train station or sth..
Those Taiwanese were very noisy early in the morning!!!! argh..
Woke up and headed off to Malbork, with the biggest red brick castle in the world...
Very nice, tho no English tour....but the inside was cool and they had this weapon exhibition with weapons throughout European history! I love purssian swords!!! and saw this gun I really liked..haa...too bad I couldnt take pix inside..><"

The Castle...not only, but I mean all sightseeing points in Poland, are full of KIDS...OMG..its like every school has a field trip to somewhere....The whole castle was basically BLOCKED.....I followed the school tour to find my way and then these kids started making fun of me....first they say sth in English. then laugh and say sth in Polish! grrrr... wanted to kick their ass.

Anyways, Malbork was that, the town was small nothing much.
Headed back to Gdansk then up to Sopot, where the beach resorts are.
Sopot Malo or Molo..is the longest pier in..the world or in Europe...i forgot. Anyways, beautiful one tho....too bad I didnt wait till sunset..but then..the direction was wrong so probably wasnt anything amazing . But loved the breeze. Facing the Baltic Sea and thinking 'Finland is on the
Malbork CastleMalbork CastleMalbork Castle

The largest red brick castle in the world!? or in Europe....destroyed when one king wanted to kill the knights of the Castle..the brick difference are the old/new constructions...
other end!' haaaaa..
The weather was actually great, pretty warm for a nap on the beach..=)
people keep saying how dark is the Baltic Sea...well, I really think its the same with most oceans...The only sea I saw that was different were the ones around Okinawa...which were BLUE...haaa..

Anyways, done Sopot, then went back to the hostel. On the way bought half a roast chicken for dinner....and found out. the hostel owner made some good soup for us!! AHHHH....could've saved the money...haaaa

And happy coz there is hot water today..^^

Tmr heading to Warsaw, the capital..just checked the train schedules...the cheapest direct train is like at 11:30am!!!!! all other ones following are double the price!! AHHHHHHHH >__<" and I still have Gdansk to see tmr.......its 10EUR difference!!!!!! maybe I should just get up really early........argh....-____-"


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

ZOOMZOOM
ZOOM

wall inside the castle....thought the shot looked kinda nice..=)
ZapiekankaZapiekanka
Zapiekanka

Very popular fastfood here..I got the XXL one!! full of mushrooms and cheeeeze!!^^
Sopot Molo!Sopot Molo!
Sopot Molo!

Europe's longest wooden pier..facing the Baltic Sea!!! One of the shallowest seas in the world!!


Tot: 0.408s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb