Beautiful Gdansk


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Pomerania » Gdansk
June 4th 2009
Published: June 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

When we arrived in Gdynia, it was raining heavyly. When I decided to take Ania with me, I made a point to show her how european young people travel. Keeping to this promise, instead of taking a taxi to the centre we walked to the bus stop in the rain, when with a norvegian guy took the city bus to Gdynia train station and later train to Gdansk main station. I don't have to mention that we were the only ones from the whole ferry to do that.
In the beginning of the day it rained, despite of this we left luggage, and went to the old town. It was relatively cold but it got better and at the end we saw even sun.
Gdansk is one of the oldest city in Poland and one of the most beautiful. It was and is a port city, and very rich city, thanks to this has a beautiful and old town. Ulica Dluga (Long Street) is one of the main streets of the old town, where are the most beautiful old townhouses some of them dated even from XIV, most of them in renesanse style, every single one is a piece of art. There are few museums to visit, a lot of galeries with silver and amber jewelery (we did some shoping there), and of course plenty of restaurants and caffeterias. We treated ourselves with original polish food with beet soup, pierogis and potatos pancakes in a local Bar Neptun. It costed us about 11 dol and was delicious.
At 3.30 my frind Basia picked us up and today we are leaving to Wroclaw.


Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb