Chop-in, Six. I dont speak foreign!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Masovia » Warsaw
October 7th 2005
Published: October 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Ola peeps!

Glad you liked the photos. Thought we'd let you see some more while we have the ability!

Had an exceedingly nice day yesterday, pehaps inspired by the glorious weather. Discussed the finer points of the famous composer "Chop-in" with Ben, persuaded him that the Polish beer Zywiec is pronounced "six" and I myself (Dan) uttered the words-"sorry I dont speak foreign" to an innocent Polish woman asking for change. Apparently I also laughed in a nuns face but I do not agree entirely with this.

Apart from that we had a lovely walk around 'old town' which was completely rebuilt after its distruction during world war 2. It is very pretty indeed as i'm sure you'll agree from the picture.

Today we went up the Palace of culture for a panoramic view of Warsaw and then to the Warsaw uprising museum. On to Krakow tommorrow, but for now we're tired and need to try to sleep while a German man snores like a freshly wounded moose.

Ta ta
Danny, Benny and Sammy


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Palace of CulturePalace of Culture
Palace of Culture

Check out the Sun!!
Sam and BenSam and Ben
Sam and Ben

Two and a half pints of "Six" please barkeep!


7th October 2005

brill or not
good photos keep them coming . like the sound of poland . mum and fred
7th October 2005

good read
First visit to bloggers site just read from day one reminds me of my days of travel back in 197.. enjoy
7th October 2005

Moose wot moose?!
Oh the terminology of young Dan. How I do miss it. Hope your sleep was not too disturbed by aforementioned creature of the Alaskan plains. Beer is certainly a recurring theme of the trip but why should I be surprised. Pleased with the balance with culture and hope the mind broadening (is that a word?)is going well. Here's hoping the next YH lives up to the standard set. Hows the election going there? Try to keep my finger on the pulse but not sure of the details. Curry night in at EEKs so signing off for now. Love Mum/Debbie XXXXXXXXXX
8th October 2005

Great pics
Hi guys, the photos were worth waiting for and congrats on completing the quest for a USB.I love the one of Sam and Dan at the holocaust memorial(taken by Ben I guess) it would make a brill album cover, so get down to writing some lyrics while your drinking dodgy beer. Glad to see the sun is shining for you and your having a good time. Update for Dan on the rugby(sorry), Leeds Rhinos v that team from a place we don't mention unless we want to go for a curry, Grand Final next Sat night. Looking forward to the next installment.Have fun, bye for now.
8th October 2005

Fab Pics
Your stay in Warsaw brought back lovely memories.All the photos you've taken are really good and some of them quite artistic! When I was in Warsaw, several years ago, Poland was in a very poor state and was in the process of going bankrupt. We couldn't even change any money as the value of their currency was dropping every few minutes. Carry on travelling.
10th October 2005

Get well soon
Hi everyone - sorry to hear you have been ill Sam :( I hope you are feeling better and you can all now continue on. Looking forward to hearing about your next port of call! Dad (David) says to phone if you can.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb