Krakow


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
September 20th 2010
Published: September 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So Friday morning Des and I left Sycow, took the bus to Wroclaw, took a train to Katowice, and met up with her friend Michal (pronounced Meehow). He showed us around Katowice and introduced us to a lot of his friends then we stayed at his apartment for the night. The next morning we went to Krakow by bus and walked around for a long time. It's the biggest city we've been in so far since we got here. It was really beautiful. More people spoke English there which was really nice. They have a castle called Wawel that we tried to get in but it was closed already. We saw the Jewish neighborhood there, the Market square, a really old and famous church in the market square, ate some more Polish food that was just ok, and walked some more. We stayed at Michal's friend's apartment and Sunday for the first half of the day we walked around the market square some more. We had to leave early because the train from Krakow back to Wroclaw is about 5 hours and we needed to catch the last bus from Wroclaw back to Sycow which left at 10. Luckily our train wasn't late or anything and we got to the bus stop on time to get on the bus. We got home really late but the trip was still nice. We didn't get to go to Auschwitz like planned but we will plan on going another weekend. This weekend I think we're going to stay in Wroclaw and spend all 3 days walking around IKEA. I am soooo ready.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb