i aint here to do that though brother...


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
June 19th 2007
Published: June 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

jesus christ, what an entertaining 2 days. seriously, insanity in a can. once you cross to eastern europe, it all goes a bit mad, and everything is possible. but first, yesterday.

we had a day in the centre of berlin yesterday, which was pretty fantastic. saw lots of berlin wall bits and pieces, incredibly fascinating stuff. there was a memorial that was pretty much made entirely by one guy, who had been imprisoned by the stasi for 10years for some petty crime. it was a memorial to people who had died whilst trying to escape eastern germany over the wall. i wasnt even aware of some of these things, so it was very much a big eye opener for me. insanity in a can. we also saw the reichstag, which had the hilarious headline of 'dem deutchen volke', so we spent a large time just saying, 'hah, them deutch folk' over and over. easily amused i tell you. anyway, berlin ended, so we went to the station for the night train to poland.

blimey.

got to the border, scary men with guns demanding passports. that was fine though, expected and we're clean (except for my coke stash, but thats another story). the train was decent, we had beds this time, which made one heck of a difference. once we were in poland i spent about an hour staring out the window at the moon, it was absolutely beautiful. it looked totally like it was out of a cartoon, it was perfectly picture-esque. one of the most amazing things i've seen, ever. definitely. tried to get some sleep, fell asleep at 3 and woke up at about 7ish. got into krakow at 9.30ish, and then it all went a bit insane.

there were some girls at the station, hostel info people. they asked us where we were staying, we told them, they then told us it didnt exist. a bit strange that. either way, they pointed us in the way of the address, and off we went. we found the street, and then found the building. we had to walk through 2 courtyards, following paper signs pointing us in the direction of the hostel. through a door, up some stairs, to what would be the hostel we booked. and what were we met with?

an old woman. in a nightie. who didnt speak a word of english. cue a conversation of entire hilarity. 'we're staying here. well, we've booked. well, jesus christ'. we decided the best thing to do, was to leave the old polish woman to herself, and find other places to stay. probably one of the funniest things i've ever experienced in all honesty, up there with Jones.

ok, i'm gonna lay this out. Jones was a man we met in amsterdam, and has been the main character we've joked about in the 11 days so far. i'm purposley not going to write about him here, as it entirely requires the impression. hilarious though. here's a quote from the brother. 'now brothers, i aint selling crack, i aint selling dope, that aint my thing, i just want some euros'. bless you jones, bless you.

anyway, back to poland. we found ourselves another hostel, went in, and yes, of course, the receptionist is sqorio commentator super totty. so we have 2 nights here, in a dorm with 6 others. its a lovely place, definitely. much better than the old woman in a nightgown anyway.

krakow itself is insane as well. we spent 30minutes doing nothing other than watching a drunk man play football with an italian youth side. it was immense. everything is disgustingly cheap here as well, i just bought a litre bottle of water for 26p, minor had a steak that cost him 4quid. we live like kings. and the amount of attractive girls here is insane, seriously, its ridiculous. i know i've said that in every blog so far, but jesus christ. this place is ridiculous. i have never seen so many attractive people in my entire life. the amount of times me and minor have sighed at the fact, is off the count now. good crikey nora.

going to auschwitz tomorrow, which was one of the main reasons i am here on this trip. have been planning a visit for 18months now, and tomorrow it will be done. im looking forward to it, but it will be unlike anything experienced before. it'll be fascinating, im sure.

anyway, im going to go and drink some more beer, because it costs about 8p. madness.

Advertisement



20th June 2007

Language
stop saying the F Word your granny wants to follow your progress

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb