Atlanterhavsveien


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
June 10th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today (Saturday) we picked up our baby Beemer rental car and headed northward out of Ă…lesund towards Molde and Kristiansund. Our rather stunning hotel was in Molde and, after dropping off our luggage, we drove further northward towards Kristiansund via a famous route known at Atlanterhavsveien. We have so many incredible pictures from today that it is difficult to choose!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

On The Road to MoldeOn The Road to Molde
On The Road to Molde

Sometimes (perhaps about 200 times a day here!) the view is so lovely that we just have to pull over and enjoy it for a spell.
MoldeMolde
Molde

Taken from the ferry into Molde. Our hotel, Hotel Rica Seilet, is in the middle of the photo. If you look closely, you can see Bubbles waving from the 9th floor, left side of the building.
So Many Views, So Little TimeSo Many Views, So Little Time
So Many Views, So Little Time

The view from our room at Rica Seilet as the morning fog burns off.
The AtlanticThe Atlantic
The Atlantic

Looking rather calm and pristine. Taken from Atlanterhavsveien
The Bridges of AtlanterhavsveienThe Bridges of Atlanterhavsveien
The Bridges of Atlanterhavsveien

The largest of the 7 bridges. If you look closely, you can see Bubbles waving from the top of the bridge.
The Road Less TraveledThe Road Less Traveled
The Road Less Traveled

After a nice dinner in Kristiansund, we travel southward, again over Atlanterhavsveien. It looks pretty inviting, yes?
Sunset on The AtlanticSunset on The Atlantic
Sunset on The Atlantic

We parked the car and sat out on the rocks waiting for the sun to set -- which it did around 12:30 AM! If you look closely, you can see Fluffy casting a line from the fishing boat.
It's Been a Great Day!It's Been a Great Day!
It's Been a Great Day!

Taking our self-portrait, waiting for the sun to go down on a wonderful day in Norway. If you look closely, you can find both Fluffy and Bubbles somewhere in this picture, too.
Land Ho!Land Ho!
Land Ho!

Fluffy trying to figure out what in the world is attempting to land on Bubbles' head?
Is It A Bird?  A Plane?Is It A Bird?  A Plane?
Is It A Bird? A Plane?

Ok. So what IS trying to land in Bubbles' hair? Look closely and see for yourself.
Where Are We Now?Where Are We Now?
Where Are We Now?

This photo is for Fluffy's sisters, who will likely remember it well. 1:30 AM at Hustadvika. Hmmmm... maybe that bird is following us...
Time To Head Back To Our HotelTime To Head Back To Our Hotel
Time To Head Back To Our Hotel

The view from Hustadvika, including one of the Hurtigruta cruise ships that tour the west coast of Norway from Bergen to Kirkenes.


13th June 2006

Grass
They must have mowed the grass on top of some of the huts. Now I've learned that these green roofs with grass growing are not so dumb. They're cool (insulating)and clean the rainwater among other things. What a great trip. Cynthia
13th June 2006

Funny Girl
Your captions made me laugh. Your pictures of the scenery took my breath away. The picture of the two of you together looking so happy made me smile, smile, smile.
13th June 2006

Pretty pictures
We like your photo journal. Gald you are having fun. We are too!
14th June 2006

WOW
Incredible scenary. It is awesome. You both look wonderful too!!
14th June 2006

Awesome pictures! It is great to see your pictures and the fun time you are having. What fabulous memories! Is the bird still following you???

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb