Driving and ferry tour of Bjornafjorden


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Eidfjord
July 29th 2019
Published: July 29th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Nigel has suggested that I remind everyone to scroll down in order to see all of the photos. In case you have not done this already, when you open today's blog, when you are done reading it and scrolling down to see all the pictures, you can select "previous entry" to look at yesterday's entry and scroll down to see all the photos and continue going backwards through the entries to see all the photos. Also, feel free to leave a comment by clicking on "add a comment" at the very very bottom.

Today we headed out East of Os on what turned out to be another of those single lane roads for about the first hour. We travelled along the edge of the fjord and up to the top of it to Tysse where we stopped for a scenic view. Then on to Eikelandsossen along a two-lane road which felt much safer and the views were of course spectacular. Here we walked around the village which was small but pretty. The next part of the drive took us across a huge bridge and onto a large island called Tysnesoy. We drove on to Vage (which I am absolutely positive we were saying wrong.....) and this was a lovely spot at the top of the island. Here we had a delicious lunch of fish balls, fish soup, and venison burgers with cloudberry sauce. We lined up for the ferry which took us across to Halhjem and drove the last 10 minutes from here back to Os. This is the first ferry ride the kids can remember where we drove our car on. They have done it in BC but don't remember it. The ferry ride was basically a fjord tour from the water. A really nice driving loop along the fjord the whole way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb