Back in Bodø from Lofoten


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Northern Norway » Bodø
June 9th 2023
Published: June 16th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Eric with GeirEric with GeirEric with Geir

First time meeting in person!
We left Lofoten Islands at 2:15 pm to head back to Bodø. A number of years ago, on an online pipe smoking group, I met Geir Arne. He posted and I noticed that he was posting from Bodø. I sent him a Messenger message and we hit it off. After some exchanges in the post of some hobby materials (ahem), and some ost, I was finally able to come here to Norway to meet him in person!

We met at a place called the Bryggerikaia, a nice restaurant right on the harbour in Bodø. Shelley joined me, and she ordered a risotto to eat as she was hungry for supper. The risotto turned out to be quite tasty! She was worried it may have had too much salt.

Geir and I exchanged a few gifts we each had for one another. Shelley soon departed after her meal, and had bought me a pretty large beer (Nordlands Pils) to enjoy during our visit together.

We were both surprised when Stian came by. He’s another pipe smoker in Bodø and he came to meet us. This was their first time meeting one another and it was great to sit together and enjoy our pipes.

After three hours, it was sadly time to go and I returned to the hotel. It was so nice being able to meet and visit with Geif.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Eric with StienEric with Stien
Eric with Stien

Great guys and a wonderful time.


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb