Techno Time!


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Lillehammer
February 1st 2009
Published: February 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys!
Yesterday was a wonderful day in the beautiful country of Norway! We somewhat figured out how to navigate the bus system. we have to scan a card and then we had to figure out all the different stops where we had to get off. there is one main station downtown were all the buses go to so even if we got on the wrong bus, we could figure it out. We took the bus downtown and walked around to all the different shops and stores. there are a couple streets that are just walking streets and we saw a lot of people there. It is super slippery on the roads!!! I have almost wiped out about fifty times already because my boots have ZERO traction! They don't actually remove any snow here, they just put rocks down and leave it. that helps with making things less slippery! last night, we met alot of the international students that are also studying at the college. There are so many from other countries here. I think there are some from France, Spain, Germany, The Netherlands, Latvia, Lithuania, England, Finland, Denmark and the list goes on. I am really excited to spend some time getting to know them all. We went and hung out at one of their dormitory type buildings and talked and then we took a cab to one of the nightclubs here in town! it was honestly exactly how I thought it was going to be because they played alot of techno! they also played some really funny american songs. They played the macarena, you shook me all night long, grease, and the backstreet boys! When the backstreet boys started i almost peed my pants! all of the American students got really excited because it was a song we actually knew the words to! We got home around three in the morning and I slept until one today! Today was kind of a lazy day. we had a group meeting and then our group got together and played a game and got to know each other. Tomorrow we get an actual tour of the college and get to eat in their cafeteria for the first time!
More adventures to come!

Advertisement



1st February 2009

Hello honey, glad to hear you are getting around already. Late night sounds like fun but not in the best interest of your health! Have fun but be careful, you do not have Jack Bauer at your back! Love Mom
3rd February 2009

Lutefisk?
.....but have you tried any Lutefisk yet and don't leave your drink unattended while you're out on the dance floor jammin' to that techno beat..... (sorry, Grandpa made me say that!)

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb