KARUCO Water and Technology


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
January 24th 2015
Published: January 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

2. KARUCO Travel Blog

Nothing says 'ahhh' like a pleasant flight safely landed at the destination on time. We are in Amsterdam. Our half of the KARUCO Team 2015 (Christopher Jones and me; see Blog Post 1) are grateful to be this far on our journey. If you are new to the blog you may not know that we are 1/3 of the way. Next up is a flight to Entebbe, Uganda and then the final 1/3 of our journey - the 6 hour drive from Kampala, Uganda across the border into Tanzania and finally to Kayanga, Karagwe.

PARTNER FOCUS: We are excited to meet up with John Wade from MSAADA Architects who will meet us in Karagwe and help assess water needs and resources for KARUCO. Meet John, another member of the KARUCO 2015 Team.

John Wade

"Working with MSAADA Architects for more than 3 years, John Wade has been involved with a range of building projects throughout all stages of design and construction. After graduating from the University of Minnesota with a Master of Architecture degree John has worked in both the main office in Minneapolis and MSAADA's office in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Currently based in Mwanza, Tanzania, John is primarily facilitating the implementation of healthcare buildings in that Lake Zone region. He is excited to be involved with ETI and the making of KARUCO and always appreciates any chance to visit the beautiful landscape in Karagwe."

Our blog and email will get spotty from this point on. Internet connection is present in Africa but not reliable in Karagwe. But we will do our best to let you know how we are and what unfolds before us as we journey. Thank you for joining us!

Take me to the Educate Tanzania website:www.educatetanzania.org

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb