80% closer to our destination, but needing a proper cup of coffee!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
May 25th 2013
Published: May 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We are going to a family wedding in Ireland! We will be away for two weeks, visiting Karen & Clive in Ambleside, UK, then travelling to Ireland for the wedding. Sitting at Schiphol airport waiting for our connecting flight in a few hours. We are flying with KLM to Manchester, via Amsterdam.

Applying for visas was quite a mission with them wanting every bit of information about your past, your present and your future, your ancestors past, including your DNA! At least we got our visas, so we can enter the UK.
The flight from Johannesburg to Amsterdam went well, although sleeping upright still isn't the most comfortable,but the coffee on the plane was not appetising at all, cold and tasteless, so the first objective in Holland is to get a decent cup of coffee!
Ahh! Much better - decent coffee found and enjoyed! Now we can face the rest of our journey! Next objective is to do some shopping....but only with my eyes! No room in our luggage for anything extra, as we are loaded to the gills with warm clothing and wedding gifts. Warm clothing: although it is supposed to be summer, the temperatures in the UK is colder than our late autumn to early winter temperatures. Me thinks we could get quite cold! As for the wedding gifts, we managed to get through security at home with them in our hand luggage and hope the Dutch will be equally obliging! We didn't want to risk booking it in and then losing it.
One of my favourite pass times is watching what goes on around me. All these travellers, heading to a destination or heading home. There must be some interesting and happy stories waiting to be told, but also some emotional and sad ones too. As for the staff at the airport, whizzing around at quite aspeed on their little cars transporting someone or something - think we need some traffic cops to direct them?
Getting close to boarding soon. Watch out, England..here we come!

Advertisement



25th May 2013

Ambleside
Hope you enjoy the lakes, they are stunning, we really enjoyed our time there
27th May 2013

The Lake districts are beautiful!
We are having a lovely time and have had two beautiful days weather wise!

Tot: 0.337s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 94; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb