we're off to see the family...and Amsterdam!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
October 5th 2005
Published: November 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sailor AnnaSailor AnnaSailor Anna

my uncle took us sailing...and i got to steer the boat!!
flew into holland on the 5th to go visit the family...however no one had any idea I was coming! had good fun turning up on the doorstep of aunties and uncles, and the grandparents!

Turned out to be a good timing while I was there as it was my cousins birthday, my aunty and uncles 25th wedding anniversary, and I discovered I had a new born cousin!

hung out with the family for a week and then headed up to amsterdam for 2 nights. we ended up staying in this christain youth hostel, which was strangely situated in the middle of the red light district. Had some interesting things to look at just outside the door!

Visited the Anne Frank house, did a canal cruise and strolled the red light district at night. had a good few days there, and could even have made a few $$$ what with the offers we got! (which I couldnt quite understand considering we were looking rugged as!)

our last night in Amsterdam saw us coming back to the hostel for dinner only to discover the road was cordonned off and a fire engine was busy fighting a fire in the building next door to us! so we legged it off to the movies, and were glad to see that our hostel hadnt been burnt to the ground by the time we got back!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Sailor CarinaSailor Carina
Sailor Carina

dont you just love my outfit?! courtesy of my Aunty Catrien!
all the old men...all the old men...
all the old men...

were sitting out gossiping (its not just ladies u know!)and enjoying the sun
the sea road thingthe sea road thing
the sea road thing

this road was built across the sea, and is a dam thing as well
Amsterdam's house boatsAmsterdam's house boats
Amsterdam's house boats

the canals in amsterdam have heaps of these really cool house boats that people live in
fighting the fire!fighting the fire!
fighting the fire!

its kinda dark, but there is a fire engine in the photo!
marijuanamarijuana
marijuana

this plant had been placed in the window of the shop...perfect for a photo taking opportunity!


26th October 2005

Very good progress.
My you have been busy with your travel blogs! Good to see what you guys have been up to. I found how to get my comments in without you reviewing them - hehehe. Good luck with the job hunting (to Anna too). Love Fi.
26th October 2005

Argh
Argh, it told me it wouldn't be reviewed, why hasn't it showed up?!
27th October 2005

Hiya Karina, grea to se you are having lots of fun. Love from us all.
27th October 2005

Oops sorry about the spelling of your name ha ha.

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb