Houseboat tour update


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Weesp
July 22nd 2005
Published: July 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Captain and the First MateCaptain and the First MateCaptain and the First Mate

Typical shot of our crew sailing peacefully. These moments are punctuated by seconds of complete madness when things go wrong or we are unsure what to do. Overall it is like flying...very peaceful.
Hi All,
We have been enjoying our houseboat ride. There are some panicking moments but for the most part are faring well. The countryside is incredible and the people are 'Uiter'friendly .
We have sailed down the Vecht, the Gouwe and the Amstel as well as numerous canals. We are presently in Gouda at an internet cafe. I don't have any ability to download pictures but I will next time I can.
Mom, if you are having trouble just keep playing with things - you can do it! Ask Ann and Ron to help you out.
The boys have been swimming in the canals - at 10:00 pm! It was chilly but they appeared to be having fun.
We have 3 days left on our boat and hope to yet see Utrecht.
We will update as we can.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Happy little Dutch BoyHappy little Dutch Boy
Happy little Dutch Boy

The boys dove into this canal at 9 pm as it was a quiet evening with little traffic on the canal. Unfortunately it was very cold. Our Canadian flag toled the story though whenever the Dutch would walk by and wonder what we were doing while they were wrapped in their sweaters.
Tea PartyTea Party
Tea Party

The dutch are all on the canals on weekends. This tea party even took to a raft to sail down the canal.
Typical Holland PictureTypical Holland Picture
Typical Holland Picture

I have do add in this picture just so you can see we really were in Holland


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb