Holland...It's a family affair


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Edam
May 5th 2006
Published: May 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

HomeHomeHome

Home sweet home
Hans and Noel had moved since I's last there in 2000. They have a lovely little apartment which they have done up really nicely. We had a classic Dutch lunch of fresh breads, cheese galore, coffee, coffee, coffee, applestroop, hagel, etc then retired for what was supposed to be a 1 hr nap before going to Frans and Monettes for dinner, but we both hibernated for 4 hours! I've never felt as tired....jet lag at it's best. A shower fixed that and we had a mint evening with Frans, Monette, Fleur, Yos, her boyfriend Oscar and Madalin.

Noel had mustered up an itinery for the next 10 days that meant we'd see all my aunties, uncles and cousins.

Day 2 Joep and Joyce picked us up for a trip to Roesmond for a Liberation Day concert. Music was interesting to say the least. Ranges from Duran Duran style synthsiser stuff to HEAVY HEAVY metal!

Day 3 Hans, Dorien LA and I took a trip to the heart of Limburg, Maastricht where we had a coffee with Hans in his new place. He was on great form. We even bumped into Sandra just as we were leaving. We only
TullenersTullenersTulleners

Our 1st Dutch Banquet. The start of many to come..
had tme for a car tour of Maastricht in order to get to Frans' furniture shop in time. Awesome store with modern and antique stuff. Very top end stuff...one day maybe. We ventured home via an awesome castle (I forget where). Joep, Joyce, Jeroen and Ningka all came for dinner!

Day 4 Dorien drove us 3 hrs back to her little apartment in Zutphin, awesome little town with a beautiful little town centre. We had a lovely Chinese meal.

Day 5 Bit of an admin day, sent a 15kg parcel back to Canada with all the junk we bought in Thailand. Had a great dinner at Loes'and Ronalds. Tom and Julijn also came round...really fun night. Loes is only a couple weeks away due!

Day 6 Dorien took us 90 mins to just outside Tilburg where we caught up wuth Huib, Lydia and Bart. It was so great to see them as they were really the people I knew the least. Really nice couple. Huib cooked us an unreal meal.

Day 7 We took a wee tour of Dem Bose wih the most impressive cathedral I have seen yet! From here we caught the train to
Frans and MonnetteFrans and MonnetteFrans and Monnette

Dinner with the Stoffels
Amsterdam.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

JoyceJoyce
Joyce

Tulleners and Joeps new lady; Joyce
ComberedCombered
Combered

Liberation Day concert with Joep and Joyce. Good to see the Dutch have a sense of humour.....look hard and spot the guy under the rubbish!
hanshans
hans

Hans at his new apartment in Maastricht.
hans and Dorienhans and Dorien
hans and Dorien

hans and Dorien
LALA
LA

LA modelling the latest furniture at Stoffels
FransFrans
Frans

The man himself!
MeMe
Me

OB1...Zutphin
Dinner LoesDinner Loes
Dinner Loes

Dinner and Loes'. Eulijn, Ronald, Loes, LA and Tom
HuibHuib
Huib

Lunch with Huib, Lydia and Bart.
HeeringsHeerings
Heerings

Heerings...it's a Dutch thing.


Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb