The Red Light District


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
September 8th 2006
Published: September 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sept. 7

We flew into Amsterdam. It is like a whole other world here. Everything that is illegal in Canada is normal here. Everyone smokes pot on the streets and there are beggars asking for money, drugs and anything else they can get. It is unbelievable. I can't even explain it. We went to the red light district and there are hookers in every window and pimps by every door. I must admit, a little scary. We were taking pictures of the canal and accidently took a picture of one of the pimps. He told us he was going to throw us in the canal. After apologizing profusely we got the hell out of there. We spent the night in some of the coffee shops with an old Ukrainian lady from the US. Very cool. She was completly stoned and told some crazy stories. David and Dustin decided to go for one more walk around the district before going to bed while I went back to the room with the Ukrainian lady. They got held up in a back alley by some muggers. Luckily they had a bit of change and were allowed to leave. Yikes. It is a good experience and I am very happy to see it but I will be very happy to move on.

Advertisement



8th September 2006

wow going back to the room with the ukranian lady huh? my you're getting risque over there :) such a different jamie from the little master data analyst...
12th September 2006

HI Jamie Its Sept 12 where are you Ihope youre out of Amsterdam you guys be careful Luv ya Mom

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb